Wednesday 17 November 2010

Taking back the airwaves: New TBS track leaked...

BACK FOR GOOD? Adam Lazzara,John Nolan, Shaun Cooper, Eddie Reyes and Mark O'Connell (Pic: takingbacksunday.com)
You may remember earlier this year when I wrote a post about the reforming of emo kings Taking Back Sunday and my apprehension over whether the eagerly awaited comeback album would ever compare with the band's debut Tell All Your Friends.

Although the new record isn't due out until some point next year, vocalist Adam Lazzara has given us a sneaky peak by uploading a demo of one of the tracks – bizarrely titled 'Best Places to Be a Mom' – to his sound cloud page.

  Best Places To Be A Mom by adamdamnlazzara 

I have to say, I was anxious as to how it would sound, as I was not at all impressed with their most recent release New Again in 2009. However, the leaked track sounds big and energetic, and hopefully is a signal that TBS may be returning to form. In my opinion there's not enough of John Nolan coming through on this song, with the recently returned guitarist only rearing his head for backing vocals, but I'm sure he had more than a slight hand in the penning of the incredibly catchy tune judging by the subtle and atmospheric breakdown.

According to Lazzara in an interview with Spin Magazine the new album could possibly be self-titled, but perhaps the band should have saved New Again for this one. If 'Best Places to Be a Mom' is anything  to go by, the chemistry that was present for Tell All Your Friends is evidently back, but ten years on there are also going to be obvious progressions. Needless to say, I am very, very excited.

Anyway, check the track out of yourself and make up your own mind.

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment